Southern Sinaloa has a rich history in the planting and harvesting of Blue Agave and the production of “mezcal” (from Nahuatl – “mexcalmetl” – meaning, Agave). For years, the lands of the municipality of Mazatlán witnessed the birth of numerous haciandas “vinatas” where large quantities of “mezcal” were produced.
In 1864, the first Osuna family arrived from Spain and settled in a small town called La Noria, a region in which the predominant economic activities were mining and livestock. During 1800 the first agaves were planted in the village of Concordia and later, some of these were taken to La Noria establishing the first vinatas in Sinaloa.
AND HOW IS PREPARE IT?
- Agave is cultivated from 7 to 8 years.
- The agave is harvested and the pineapples are transported to the distilling factory.
- Once in the factory, a 5-stage production process is carried out:
- Sugar extraction.
- Maturation (ageing).
- Double Gold Medal for the distilled of Agave LOS OSUNA® rested.
- The Fifty Best 2011 New York City.
Los Osuna Rested
Los Osuna Aged
Los Osuna White
Los Osuna Vanilla